Often times, a pupil with poor handwriting is incorrectly assessed as having low academic ability.
Our handwriting intervention addresses the following problems your child may have:
- difficulty with spatial organisation when writing.
- writes too slowly to keep up with the class. This results in poor feedback from the teacher and severely stunts your child's progress.
- difficulty copying from the board.
- written work may be very messy with many alterations.
- does not like to write.
- can only write the correct letter formation when a model is presented.
- cannot maintain good sitting posture when writing.
- writes with reversals e.g confusing the letters where 3 is written like a capital letter E.
- writes with a hooked wrist.
- cannot hold the pen or pencil correctly.
- displays poor letter formation when writing.